Quality is the most important consideration when purchasing auto detailing equipment like pressure washers. Auto detailing machines should be durable and powerful, yet they should not damage the vehicle. Commercial auto detailing products are more suitable for the car wash industry because of their excellent quality and productivity-enhancing features.
Some indications that an auto detailing machine is of good quality are listed below:
- Powerful Motor: The motor should be robust, with a minimum strength of 0.75 HP. NEMA certification should indicate that the motor has been tested for quality and energy efficiency.
- Power Methods: A good quality, global pressure washer supplier offers more than just one option for power; such as 110v-120v, 220-240v, or 440v; single-phase, three-phase; and 50 Hz or 60 Hz.
- Heavy Duty Construction: Exteriors should be comprised of corrosion resistant, chip proof, durable powder coated steel. Heating coils should be comprised of rugged stainless steel or schedule 80 heating coils. Ordinary pressure washer parts are made of aluminum, which is a good conductor of heat and electricity but is less stable under prolonged conditions of high temperature and pressure.
- Hose: Don’t ignore the hose quality. Hoses used in car wash machines are more than simple rubber tubing. They should be strong enough to withstand high pressure and temperature. The hose, usually made of rubber, should be strengthened with wire. Rubber is stronger and more flexible than synthetics; opt for a rubber hose to use with your car wash machines. Dual layered hoses are best to provide the greatest longevity.
Features to Enhance Productivity
Apart from sound construction, the car pressure washer should be designed to increase productivity.
- Portability: If you service a large customer base or have a mobile car wash business, it would be a good idea to invest in a portable car pressure washer designed for a mobile car wash. This type of car washing machine is lightweight, compact, and can be rapidly mounted on a trailer. If you work at a fixed location, you may prefer a stationary pressure washer.
- High Temperature: Some commercial pressure washers may reach temperatures of 330°F. Others have maximum temperatures of 210°F. Hot water removes grease and petrochemical derivatives and their deposits. For heavy layers of grease, utilizing the steam setting is essential. For this reason, wet steam is the preferred output for auto detailing. Tri-mode pressure cleaners are also available to enable use of hot water, cold water, or wet steam as needed for varying applications.
- Low Flow Rate: Working on client location with restrictions on water use would be very difficult if low flow car wash machines are not available. These mobile car wash equipment have flow rates of around 0.5 GPM (compared to the usual 3-5 GPM) and save hundreds of gallons per car during the wash cycle.
- Nozzle Spray: The size of a nozzle spray depends on the nozzle construction. This is important because the spray pattern determines the effectiveness of cleaning. A highly pressurized, narrow spray produced by a zero degree nozzle would not be sufficient for cleaning the entire car exterior surface, for example, but it could be used for cleaning tire grooves. Other sizes include 15, 25, and 40 degrees.
Remember that the pressure level should at no point exceed 1500 psi or you risk inflicting damage on the car. Proper selection of the right car detailing machine goes a long way in ensuring a trouble-free work load.